22nd International Symposium and Exhibition INNOVATION 2015
Summary and Conclusions of the INNOVATION 2015
The Event was organized by the Association of Innovative Entrepreneurship CR in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the Ministry of Industry and Trade,
the Committee of National Economy, Agriculture and Transport of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, domestic and foreign members and partners of the AIE CR, and under
the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
This year´s 22nd edition of the INNOVATION 2015 – a Week of Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic was held in Prague from December 2 till December 5, 2015. Particular parts of the INNOVATION 2015 programme and follow-up meetings and discussions were attended by 298 participants. An Exhibition, in which took part 46 exhibitors, was visited more than 400 people. Due to presentations and participation of international organizations, with which AIE CR and STPA CR are cooperating, especially RINKCE, ICSTI, Belarusian Innovation Fund, Belarusian State University, TII, ICC, IASP, SPICE, EBN, information about the INNOVATION 2015 will be in addition communicated to experts from other 24 countries.
In the 20th annual competition of the Innovation Award of the Year 2015 under the auspices of H. E. Miloš Zeman Czech, President of the Czech Republic, has been in introduction stage performed 318 innovative products. From this number 20 innovative products were registered and assessed (concerning subject of innovative products there was 16 technological fields, and following regional scope of applicants is: Bohemia - 14; Moravia and Silesia - 6). Awards were handed in the Main Hall of the Senate of the Czech Parliament on December 4, 2015 by Mr. Karel Šperlink, President of the AIE CR, and Mr. Martin Štícha, Ministry of Industry and Trade, member of the Commission of Innovation of the Year.
Traditionally, the first day of the INNOVATION event, on Tuesday December 1, 2015, the Plenary session was held. In this year this Session was aimed on "Innovative Potential of the Czech Republic“. The afternoon programme included an opening ceremony of an Exhibition part, followed by performances of chamber choir Vocalica and by informal meeting of exhibitors and participants of INNOVATION 2015.
The second day of the INNOVATION 2015 on December 2, 2015 session "Design of products and services for the competitiveness of Czech companies" was held at the premises of the Technology Centre AS CR.
The third day of the INNOVATION 2015 on December 3, 2015 the session "International cooperation in R&D - EUREKA and Eurostars programme", was organised. And in the afternoon a meeting with delegation of Belarus was organised concerning activities of the Belarusian-Czech Innovation Centre. In the evening the award ceremony held on occasion of the 5th edition of VISIONARIES 2015 (see website: www.czechinno.cz).
During INNOVATION 2015 was also held a series of meetings with domestic and foreign partners to assess the existing cooperation of AIE CR, within the System of Innovative Entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic and setting tasks for the next period.
Detailed information about individual days of Symposium programme, an Exhibition part, and the final results of the 20th edition of the Innovation Award of the Year 2015, including photo galleries are for disposal on website www.aipcr.cz
- Organise the 23rd International Symposium and Exhibition INNOVATION 2016, a Week of Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic, in Prague and other places in the Czech Republic in December 6 – 9, 2016. On behalf of agreement with members of AIE CR the Expert Session on December 8, 2016 should be held outside of Prague.
* In frame of Symposium programme to include current information about ongoing Czech Operational Programmes, achieved results in the area of R&D&I at home and abroad, and at meeting of innovative companies handing awards within the 21st annual competition of the Innovation Award of the Year 2016.
* At the Exhibition part to present innovative products and especially the results of selected domestic and international projects in the field of R&D&I.
* Within the 21st annual competition of the Innovation Award of the Year 2016, which will be organised under the auspices of H.E. Miloš Zeman, President of the Czech Republic, to focus should be on project results of domestic and international industrial R&D programmes; to issue a brochure Innovation Award of the Year 2016.
- Include innovative product (products, processes and services) among the results of R&D&I with the corresponding scores.
- Further improve the System of Innovative Entrepreneurship.
- Continue to ensure Technological profile CR (www.techprofil.cz, use CD ROM, version 14), and to prepare project support in next period.
- Provide a support for the EUREKA Initiative and Eurostars programme within the national EUPRO programme in the Czech Republic.
- In the journal Innovative Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer continue to publish the latest information on innovative entrepreneurship and technology transfer at home and abroad.
In Prague on 14 December 2015
Authors: P. Švejda, I. Němečková